Recent developments in technology made SBRs a more viable option for small to medium size facitilies.
During the early development of the activated sludge process in United Kingdom around 1914, plants were operated using fill and draw or batch feed methods.
By the late 1970s, the sequencing batch reactor SBR was well established and many small plants were in operation.
ADVANTAGES OF SBR:
- Small layout.
- Automatic operation.
- Appropriate use for wastewater flow not stable, maximun day flow sizing, not peak hourly.
- Flexibily and control. Modular, adaptable to retrofits and upgrades.
- Efficient handling of T-N well.
PRINCIPLE OF THE PROCESS:
Activated Sludge system use suspended natural biological and bacterial growth to remove contaminants. The wastewater is mixed with a bacterial floc in an aertation tank where the contaminants are removed by sorption and subsequent breakdown.
Sequencing Batch Reactors SBR are a special form of activated sludge treatment in which all of the treatment process takes place in the reactor tank and clarifier aren't required.
This process treats the wastewater in batch mode and each batch is sequenced through a series of treatment stage:
- Fill: wastewater fills the tank, mixing with biomass that settles during the previous cycle.
- React: after the fill stage ended, air is added to the tank to aid biological growth, create conditions for absorption and subsequent waste reduction.
- Settle: mixing and aeration stop during this stage to allow solids to settle to the bottom of tank.
- Decant: clarifier effluent is discharged.
- Idle or wait: if necessary, sludge removal occurs during this stage; Or timeout a beginners batch handle.
In general, the principle of operation SBR also go through biological process: Aerobic - Anoxic & Sedimentation to handle contaminants such as AO technology. These process aren't separate each tank that is encapsulated in a treatment tank for a few purposes, but still ensure effective handling requirements.
- Oxidation Ditch (28.06.2019)
- PROCESS OF WASTEWATER TREATMENT (17.10.2017)
- 3 COMMON QUESTIONS ABOUT DOMESTIC WASTEWATER TREATMENT (17.10.2017)
- MBR MEMBRANE PROVIDED BY PVC-CO (18.10.2017)
- COMPOSITION - SPECIFICATIONS - INSTALLATION (18.10.2017)
- MICROORGANISM FEEDING (18.10.2017)
- AQUATIC WASTEWATER TREATMENT TECHNOLOGY (18.10.2017)
- MICROBIOLOGICAL ACTIVE WASTEWATER TREATMENT SYSTEM (18.10.2017)
- WASTEWATER TREATMENT MODEL (18.10.2017)
- TREATMENT OF SEAFOOD BREADING WATER (18.10.2017)